Monday, July 21, 2014

Life in Cambridge

What's life like on a daily basis in Cambridge?

Random musicians on the streets

Sitting beside the River Cam

Trying new foods

Breathtaking walks

Discovering new places to try

Admiring the sunsets

4 o-clock pick-me-up ;)

Statue Man

Celebratory fireworks

Dessert!!

Regular FaceTime with Loved ones

It's the little things that remind you that you are in a different country. From accents to phrases, cultural norms to city life, there are endless examples that make you realize how your home country differs from others. Study abroad is an eye-opening experience and rewarding on many levels. Take that step of faith if you get the chance! You won't be sorry. And if you let the opportunity take its course, if you really dive in and embrace it wholeheartedly, you will be stretched and it will be good! Never stop learning. The moment you let unwillingness get the best of you is when you miss out on important things you could be learning and experiencing.

On that note, what will I be experiencing this week? Well, there's the second formal dinner tonight! Woo! I'm excited. Also, this is the week of module 1 finals! Yay! Haha. I have a lot to study! Wish me luck, guys. :) I'll be writing an essay on the pragmatic theory of truth and will study other various theories of truth for my philosophy class final. On Friday, I'll be done with that course and will only have the remaining two to finish (art history and studio art). Friday night is Bible study and Saturday I'll be going on a weekend trip to Oxford. Looking forward to a rejuvenating weekend. Love you guys! Can't wait to see my loved ones when I come back. Meanwhile, I'm gonna do my best to make the most of my short time here! God bless. Xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment