Thursday, July 31, 2014

One down, two to go...

Hey guys :) so, I recently finished my Truth class. Yay! Now I have to finish the last two, which are 8 week courses so they last a little longer... Hmm, where to start, well, I've been behind on blogging because of finishing up that course. The final wasn't bad... I just had to answer a couple questions, essay style. Then, I had to finish up my paper. That was a little more difficult because it was really hard for me to fully understand the theories of truth. And, it's hard writing about something you really don't understand. BUT, it's done and hopefully I get a good grade. :) Anyway, the past couple weeks have actually gone by relatively quickly. The second formal at Pembroke college was really enjoyable. It's a smaller college and dining hall than King's, so there was a more intimate feel, but it did not take away from the extravagance and elegance. There is still lush grass and beautiful architecture. :) It's really cool actually being in this area surrounded by so many old and beautiful colleges. I plan to go on an actual tour of all the colleges sometime before I leave. Last night was the third formal, although I didn't go to that one because I missed out on getting a ticket! You really have to be on top of things if you want to participate in all the extra-curricular activities. It worked out though, because I got to FaceTime someone special. :) Another thing that happened recently is that I went to one of the music events of the Cambridge Summer Music Festival! It was a performance of the Aronowitz Ensemble. They were so good, so talented. They played the violin, the cello, the piano, and the viola. Together, it just blended so well! It gave me shivers haha. Also, it was performed at Westminster college in Cambridge, right down the street. I had taken a walk before and passed it and thought to myself, I want to visit this place! So, that was really cool being able to go in. Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks. Enjoy. :) 

Oh, almost forgot.. I went to Oxford last weekend, which was nice! Did a lot of walking, visited colleges, and saw the dining hall that inspired the one in Harry Potter (which I still have not seen the movies of or read the books...). 

This week I also got to borrow the key to the music room in King's college. :) Loved it! God bless. 

Formal 2, Pembroke College, Cambridge

Crepe Affairs, Cambridge

Painting by Henri Fantin-Latour (1864) in Fitzwilliam Museum
Cambridge
(Love it!)

Fitzbillies Cafe (yummy :))

Dinner with Karine :)

Class in the park! Lecture room = hot/no AC!

Oxford trip with these kiddos!

Touring Oxford

One of the Oxford libraries I believe... ?

Ashmolean Museum in Oxford

Oldest Cafe in England, since 1650

Can't get enough :)

The Radcliffe Camera, Oxford

Handwritten works of Henry Savile 

Egyptian artifacts!

Plum and Toby, the pet tortoises at Trinity college in Oxford!
They're 90 years old!

Tortoise selfie with Plum :)

Visit to the Museum of the History of Science, Oxford

Bridge of Sighs, Oxford

Harry Potter Dining Hall
Christ Church College, Oxford

Christ Church College, Oxford

Westminster College, Cambridge

Inside Westminster College

The music room! King's College, Cambridge

Postcard sending time :)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder who that someone special is... BTW you have to tell me about the Egyptian artifacts... and the Oxford Museum of science.

    ReplyDelete