Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Last three weeks at Cambridge

Funny how time flies. I'm finishing up my last few weeks here and actually finishing up the last 2 weeks of the courses I'm taking. (I get a week off to do whatever I want!). My plan is to spend the last week traveling the UK with some friends. Last Friday, my friend Annie and I went to another one of the musical events put on by the Cambridge Summer Music Festival. This one was a choir called the Vocalis Chamber Choir. They're from New York but performed here in Cambridge at the Church of Our Lady and the English Martyrs. The sound resonated. Their performance was called Journey in Song and they sang a lot of uplifting Christian songs, which was encouraging. During intermission Annie and I played on the playground near the church. :) We're still kids at heart. On Saturday, a group of us went on a day tour to Stonehenge and Bath. (Yes, I went again!). It was worth it, though. This time in Bath I got to see the Royal Crescent as well as the Circus (both expensive and extravagant housing communities). Lots of famous people had lived in these places, including Nicholas Cage, who lived at the Circus! After a long day of touring it was nice to get back and have a pretty restful weekend. On Sunday, I went to play baseball with a few other PKP students. We had to improvise the rules a bit since there were only five of us. :) It was fun nonetheless. Ever since, I've been sore and feeling a bit sick. I've been able to catch up on sleep, though, which has been good. It's nice focusing on two courses now rather than three... Still waiting for grades but enjoying this time here. Hopefully I'll get to go punting soon and do all the other Cambridge-y things before time is up!! The PKP talent show is coming soon, so my room buddy Madi, a couple others and I are planning something sweet. ;) Something musical of course.. I'll let ya know when it's planned. Other than that... there's the London trip with PKP this Saturday that I'll be going to. Then, there's an all-day tour to Brighton and Beachy Head that I'll be going to on Sunday. Those are beaches in England that look beautiful from the pictures I've seen. Really looking forward to it. Love ya guys! God bless. Xoxo. 

Team Baseball! PKP

Vocalis Chamber Choir
Church of Our Lady and the English Martyrs
Cambridge

Annie :) 
Intermission..  
The Royal Crescent, Bath

Horse-drawn carriage
The Circus, Bath

Bath Abbey

Stonehenge, again :)

Bones found at Stonehenge

How they suppose the stones were moved...
They're heavy! 4 tons

Stonehenge housing replica

Always beautiful...

Just another day in Cambridge

Art class!

I like to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment